We have moved to thamjiak.com! Please use the search box there to find your current post ->

Tham Jiak: MADeleines
Tham Jiak means in some way "love to eat" in Hokkien. I am a Malaysian Hokkien and truly love to eat.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

MADeleines

I am MAD. Well, disappointed mainly. I had attempted my hands at making madeleines but it failed. These madeleines tasted like, well, just mini butter cakes. Besides, it was kind of too eggy to my liking, I suspected the eggs I used were not fresh enough. And of course, the mould that I use was not the madeleines mould, I just used the mini tart mould that I happen to chance upon while out with my dad and bought it along with a hand sifter (my dad pays, I’m unemployed and broke, he-he). The results are not up to my expectation, as this recipe was a hit out there with the KC forum members, so I am hoping it would be some great pop-in-the-mouth madeleines. Oh well, the problem surely lies with me, I just have to find out where (besides the not-so-fresh-eggs and the not-the-right-mould). Maybe I should try some other fail-proof Madeleine recipes out there. Any suggestions?

1 comment:

Tazz said...

There is one recipe by Jadepearl at NK, maybe you would like to try it? I think the recipe is also in her blog. ;)

Post a Comment

* Malaysia * Good Food * Recipes * Travel *Reviews * Asia *