We have moved to thamjiak.com! Please use the search box there to find your current post ->

Tham Jiak: Double Cheers For The New Year
Tham Jiak means in some way "love to eat" in Hokkien. I am a Malaysian Hokkien and truly love to eat.

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Double Cheers For The New Year

This would be my update on the New Year party I had with the pictures I finally managed to get from my friend. Well, there was technical problem last night at MSN messenger, thus she could not send to me. We tried today then it was my connection problem. What luck! At last I resort to asking her email me instead. Finally, all is well now. The pictures are here! Another good news is I managed to get the potato salad recipe too. It is really easy. Do try it out!

Spaghetti Bolognaise with asian twist of rich chicken stock and less tomato:


The special Char Chee Cheong Fun (it is hard to take a picture of this black mess but trust me, it is really delish!):


And now for the

Potato Salad


8 – 10 russet potatoes
2 bunches of spring onions
3 cucumbers
10 eggs (hardboiled)
A small jar of mayonnaise (bout 200mk)
Salt and pepper to taste

Cut into cubes the potatoes, cucumbers and hardboiled eggs.
Then chop spring onions finely.
Put all in a large mixing bowl and stir in mayonnaise.
Add salt and pepper to taste.

Serve a party of 20-25 people

7 comments:

Mark said...

Wow! Looks great!
Could not give any comment because never taste it.
Anyway, truly hope I could cook like that one day.

Happy New Year! Cheers!

rokh said...

mark, happy new year to you too! wish you best of luck in your culinary adventures!

FooDcrazEE said...

wah! nice ler....looks like a lot of lemon on the chicken...can we have some cooked up by u and couried to all of us ?

Anonymous said...

This does all look great! I'd like to try making the chicken.

Paz

sailu said...

That's an interesting chicken dish,Rokh.Great New Year Dinner Spread!
Happy New Year and wish you a wonderful and safe 2006!

rokh said...

sailu, thanks and have a wonderful year too!

Anonymous said...

the food look so delicious..!
i just printed the recipes of chicken & salad.. must try one day.. thanks for the recipes!

Post a Comment

* Malaysia * Good Food * Recipes * Travel *Reviews * Asia *