We have moved to thamjiak.com! Please use the search box there to find your current post ->

Tham Jiak: What Blogging Did to Me
Tham Jiak means in some way "love to eat" in Hokkien. I am a Malaysian Hokkien and truly love to eat.

Saturday, March 25, 2006

What Blogging Did to Me

It made my day!

I was just going through the “blogs that link here” (you can see it at the bottom of this page on the right) through technorati, yes I am vain and want to see who links me up, and found that I had been linked up by FoodFreak, all the way from German, on his Meme. He had include me in along with a few Asian blogs on the question of a food blog located far from him. Quoted from him was:

Tham Jiak - a fellow cooking enthusiast in Malaysia, I love to read about his/her Asian food experiences.”


I am so happy that there are people out there who enjoyed my humble writing on food and my experiences.

I have just notice the lacking in my project of “exploring my origins” and of course not to mention all the foodblogging events that I had missed out. I am keeping track (note the top of the side bar) of them but time just seem to slip by for a struggling soon-to-graduate student like me. If you all have notice, I have also added the part of “Weekly Drools” at the side bar, indicating recipes that had picked my interest which I might, just might try out and are good reads.

Food blogs had in many ways changed my perception on food; there are so many new things to learn everyday, so many real people out there that are passionate about the same thing as me, food. After lurking around many wonderful food blogs for months, bookmarking them, trying the recipes and get obsessed over reading them, I finally created my own food blog, a far cry from the bests I know, but yet, just a humble attempt to also share my passion, my thoughts and my experiences. By blogging, I had then begun making good food, experimenting, braving myself to try various recipes, and of course enjoying it. Then there are the snapping of food pictures like they are my precious that are going away too fast (into my tummy) and then writing about it which then leads to the nicest part, that is getting the feedback from the readers. Yes, you all are what blogging is all about.

So stay tune alright to my blog, and do keep coming back. I promise to cook more, eat more and blog more on, what else, FOOD!


6 comments:

FooDcrazEE said...

Rachel, glad u came out with your blog............learning things from you too lil sis....chuckle..nice pic of a humble char coal stove but superb cooking apparatus.....

rokh said...

foodcrazee, thanks for all your support too!

Tazz said...

Rachel, I understand the feeling of discovering that someone(you are not aware of) has linked you or mentioned something positive about your blog. It's a kind of motivation for us to carry on. :))

rokh said...

tazz, yes a motivation!

boo_licious said...

hey, take your time as I am sure graduating is a busy time esp sorting out things. we'll still be around when you get back to blogging full steam.

rokh said...

boo, thank you so much for your support! ;)

Post a Comment

* Malaysia * Good Food * Recipes * Travel *Reviews * Asia *