Tham Jiak means in some way "love to eat" in Hokkien. I am a Malaysian Hokkien and truly love to eat.

Thursday, February 07, 2008

Too Much of Good Things

Been back to my home town as I said I would, where every year relatives from near and far try their best to return because of both my grandmothers, Ah Ma and Pho Pho. Just for the reunion day itself, I had already indulged in so much food, here is just a glimpse of some of them that I managed to captured:


Yes, and that is just for PRE-Chinese new year. I wonder if my tham jiak tummy can take more to come. Anyhow, this is one case where too much of good things is still good, great even!

I wish you all Happy Chinese New Year, 新年快樂. Till we meet again after all the feastings and gamblings!

13 comments:

Big Boys Oven said...

Gong Xi Fatt Cai!

Wish you a great rat yeat to start off with many returns of fortune and good health!

Jackson said...

wow!!! Hope u enjoy yr CNY and Gong Xi Fa cHai!!

Florence said...

Gong Xi Fa Cai
Wishing you a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year

kennymah said...

Omigosh, that is PRE-Chinese New Year? I can't imagine what your CNY feast was like! Lol.

Hope you had a brilliant celebration and reunion dinner with your family, dear! :D

babe_kl said...

wishing you and your family, kung hei fatt choy!!!

KY said...

cong xi fa chai! hope you don't gain too much weight :P

myCoffee said...

Happy New Year! Gong Xi, Gong Xi, 新年平安!

The Cooking Ninja said...

Happy New Year !

Are you ready for another round on the 7th and 15th? ;) hehehe

wmw said...

Gong Xi Fa Chai...Yes, agreed, truly a case of too much good things but for such celebration, a great thing to experience.

Mochachocolata Rita said...

gung hey fat choy from hong kong, tham jiak! came across your blog, made me wanna share my first CNY responsibility away from home :)

http://mochachocolatarita.blogspot.com/2008/02/my-first-cny-feast.html

Imbi & Itchy said...

Kiong Hee Fatt Chai Rokh! Hope your Ngiao Chu Nie is filled with lots of cheeseeeee :-)

rokh said...

hi everybody! thanks for dropping by :D

once again, happy chinese new year!

Mochachocolata Rita said...

rokh...fancy link 1 link? hehee

Post a Comment

* Malaysia * Good Food * Recipes * Travel *Reviews * Asia *